Project Manager / Designer
[two_third_last]With over 15 years of experience in design, art direction and project management, I have been involved in, and in charge of, all aspects of creative projects. From initial client contacts and meetings, to research and design, to final installations and documentation, I have provided leadership and direction to designers, vendors and contractors.[/two_third_last]
[tab title=”Employment History”]
Zebradog – Madison, WI • 2007-2012
Project Manager / Designer / Photographer
Responsible for managing all aspects of environmental graphic design projects, providing leadership for a team of designers, architects, vendors and contractors. Also contributed design, research, copywriting, video editing, motion graphics and photography.
Project Manager & Designer for the Duke Basketball Museum and Athletics Hall of Fame – Durham, North Carolina. Led a multi-state team that designed, fabricated and installed the 6,500 sq. ft. museum in just three months. Also acted as general contractor for substantial construction and electrical work retro-fitting the existing space.
Project Manager & Designer for Meriter Hospital’s exterior signage redevelopment – Madison, Wisconsin. Created and gave several media presentations to the surrounding community and Meriter’s numerous boards and committees. Also presented the project to Madison’s UDC (Urban Design Council), successfully passing through the entire sign package.
• Project Manager & Designer for the recently-completed LaBahn Hockey Arena and basketball locker rooms project at the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Besides being the project manager for this large, multi-year project, I created initial concept designs for the design team to work from. I also owned several displays from initial concept through production, in order to meet a tight deadline. I worked closely with Athletic Department and construction company staff throughout all aspects of the project.
• Project Manager for the recently-completed St. Mary’s Hospital Centennial Wall – Madison, Wisconsin. The exhibit received several awards from the Wisconsin Healthcare Public Relations and Marketing Society, including “Best in Show” and “Judge’s Choice”. The wall combined graphic representations, custom casework and media.
• Project Manager & Designer for the Dahl Auto Museum – La Crosse, Wisconsin. The exhibit received several awards from the Wisconsin Healthcare Public Relations and Marketing Society, including “Best in Show” and “Judge’s Choice”. The wall combined graphic representations, custom casework and media.
• Project Manager & Lead Designer for Nicholas Suites redevelopment project at the University of Wisconsin – Madison.
National W Club – Madison, WI 1997-2007
Design Director / IT Manager / Multimedia & Graphic Arts Designer
Managed all aspects of the organization’s technical and creative needs. Worked with a team of people covering membership, special events, marketing and promotions and sales. Provided leadership and instruction to team of 3 graphic designers.
• Designed and oversaw production of all print materials used in marketing and promoting events including; newsletters, flyers, postcards, signs, tickets, apparel, promotional merchandise and brochures.
• Designed dynamic advertising pieces for outside clients wishing to advertise in Badger Game Programs
• Designed page layouts, graphics and covers for all Badger Game Programs.
• Assisted in special event planning, marketing and promotion.
• Member of Crazylegs Classic Executive and Marketing Committees
• Created dynamic video presentations used during special events.
• Wrote, directed and edited video material used in special events.
• Maintained SQL database used by staff for membership applications and database-driven websites
• Created and maintained websites controlled by the National W Club
[tab title=”Project Management”]Was instrumental in all aspects of EGD projects, from initial client meetings through final installation and project documentation.
Main client contact for each project. Worked with the client to determine budget requirements and expectations. Presented all concepts and final designs and directed all client meetings.
Provided art direction, concept and content ideas to the project’s design team.
Responsible for all aspects of project budgets from initial conceptual estimating, to value-engineering, to final invoicing.
Responsible for all aspects of project scheduling, from design to site prep work to final installation. I most often worked within tight time constraints for grand openings, dedication events, celebrations, etc…
Main contact for all project vendors and contractors. Worked with the vendors to determine materials, construction details and installation procedures. Directed all on-site installations.
Working as the General Contractor, I directed and was responsible for all contractor work. This often included electrical, lighting, painting, flooring and general construction. I worked closely with facility managers and staff to ensure
Researched, procured and organized all needed text, photos, stats, etc… used in various displays and exhibits. This often involved library and archive research, scanning and photographing documents and artifacts.
Wrote all copy for various displays and exhibits.
[tab title=”Video Editing / Creation”][/tab]